Application for Continuance
Application for Continuance in the Teacher Licensure Program
In order to be officially admitted to the Elementary Education / Teacher Licensure program, you need to complete the following courses with a grade of “B” or better:
- EDU150 Foundations of Education for a Diverse Society
- EDU245 Multicultural Education and Contemplative Critical Pedagogy
- EDU220 Theories, Strategies, and Assessment for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students K-12
You also need to complete your background check and fingerprinting and include a copy of the Philosophy of Education project you completed in the EDU150 course. Your review will take place in the Education department.
Application due dates
• For continuance in the fall, you must turn in your application to the Education department no later than May 1.
• For continuance in the spring, you must turn in your application to the Education department no later than December 1.
Students are not officially in the Teacher Licensure Program until they have a confirmed Application for Continuance. The Application documentation formally enters them into the program tracking system that ensures all of the licensure and program qualifications are met and maintained. To remain in the licensure program students must maintain a 3.0 average in their education courses. Students not formally in the BA program can take the Milestone education courses but cannot be assured a successful track to teacher licensure.
Students that do not receive a confirmed Application for Continuance are not officially part of the Teacher Licensure Program and are not on track for teacher licensure. They may receive a BA Elementary Education but may not be eligible for licensure.
Application for Continuance in the Teacher Licensure documents can be found on MyNaropa: https://my.naropa.edu/ICS/Student/The_Learning_Commons/Handouts.jnz
Toll Free: 800-772-6951
2130 Arapahoe Avenue
Boulder, CO 80302