Student Records

Change of Address

All students must inform Student Administrative Services of new addresses and telephone numbers when they move. To change an address, students may submit the new address through the Personal Info link on MyNaropa, or they may mail an address change with a signature to Naropa University, Student Administrative Services, 2130 Arapahoe Avenue, Boulder, CO 80302. Students may also fax address changes with a signature to 303-546-3536, or call 303-545-5534.

It is essential that Student Administrative Services be notified of any address or phone number changes. Failure to provide a working address or telephone number promptly does not relieve students from responsibility for being aware of the information that the university attempted to deliver.

Change of Name

If a student changes their name, the student must submit a Request for Name Change form, along with official documentation, to Student Administrative Services. Identification showing both the old name and the new name is required. Acceptable documentation includes a passport, a court order for legal name change, a Social Security card reflecting the new name, a marriage certificate (if the full legal name is shown explicitly on the certificate), or a driver's license. Changes mailed in must have two forms of documentation.

Change of Other Personal Information

If a student’s marital status, parent address, or emergency contact has changed or is expected to change soon, the student must inform Student Administrative Services; the office may need this information in case of emergency, or for reporting purposes. The Emergency Contact Information form on MyNaropa should be used to update this information.


Student Administrative Services issues official transcript copies of student academic records. The transcript request procedure is available on the web at under Privacy & Your Records.

Transcripts for Recent Graduates

Two copies of the student’s official transcripts are mailed after final grades have been verified and after other degree audit checks are completed, normally eight to ten weeks after the end of the final semester. Official transcripts verifying the degree can be mailed earlier, after final grades have been confirmed, normally four weeks after the ceremony. There is no charge for the first two transcripts; however, requests for early transcripts must be in writing.

Transcript Fee Information can be found under Paying the Bill in General Information

Transcript Holds

A hold will be placed on records if a student has not met obligations to the university. Such obligations include, but are not limited to, tuition and fees, transportation fees, library fines, and loan payments. Transcripts may also be withheld for non-financial reasons, such as failure to apply for degree completion. Official transcripts will not be released by the university, to a student or any other person or organization authorized, until all outstanding financial obligations to the university have been met. Once a student’s obligations have been fulfilled, transcript requests can be processed.

Other Student Records

Students may make an appointment to view files at no charge. Students may request that their student academic record be photocopied by Student Administrative Services for a charge of $1 per page, up to a maximum of $30. Copies will not be made of third-party documents, such as transcripts or diplomas from another school. Requests for copies of student academic records to be sent to other parties must be in writing and must carry the student’s (or the student’s authorized representative’s) signature.

Providing a student has not waived right of access to these letters, the student may request copies of letters of recommendation.

Those who applied to Naropa University but never attended have no access to any information submitted to Naropa. Copies will not be made of any application materials, and materials will not be returned to students, with the exception of artwork and slides. In order for these items to be returned, the applicant must have provided a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

Naropa University destroys student records after five full years of nonattendance.

Disputing Records

A student has up to one year after leaving Naropa to dispute any of their academic records or apply for a medical or family emergency withdrawal from a course. After this time, a disputation of a student record will not be considered.

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974

Naropa University makes every effort to comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Buckley Amendment). This act is designated to protect the privacy of educational records, to establish a student’s right to review and inspect student records, and to provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate information through informal and formal hearings. Students also have the right to file complaints with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Office concerning alleged failures by the institution to comply with the act. Student rights begin upon matriculation, which begins at Naropa after the student has attended any part of a course as a student, or after the first day of classes in the student’s first semester—whichever comes first.

The policy permits disclosure of educational records under certain limited circumstances and routine disclosure, at the university’s discretion, of information referred to as directory information: name, permanent and local addresses, student email addresses, telephone number(s), photograph, date and place of birth, major/minor field of study, class, anticipated degree and completion date, dates of attendance, full- or half-time status, degrees and awards received, and most recent school attended. The student has the right to prevent the disclosure of directory information by filing a request with Student Administrative Services on a Nonrelease of Directory Information form provided by that office. Such requests remain in force until rescinded in writing by the student, former student, or graduate. A copy of the complete policies and procedures may be obtained from Student Administrative Services. If a student’s records are subpoenaed by a court, Naropa is legally obliged to release them. In the event of a request, Naropa will make every effort to inform the student involved, unless the university is legally bound by the terms of a subpoena not to inform the student. Questions concerning the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act should be referred to the registrar or the dean of students.

Student Right to Know

As required by the Clery Act, Naropa’s annual campus crime report, as well as policies regarding crime on campus, can be found at